Jetpack Journeys is an app written by Dom Conlon whose son inspired him to create this educational app. In the few paragraphs below, he shares with my readers how he cleverly developed the app for pre-school and early-years children to explore and experience our solar system in a fun and imaginative way and to be inspired about the wonders of space!
Children are at their most active and curious when they are young. The explosion in learning is also an exciting time for parents and I know that I'm absolutely loving it.
How they discover things is often just as interesting as what. My son first started to ask unprompted questions about space whilst looking at his plate mat. It was a beautifully illustrated tableau of our Solar System and the achievements of mankind within it. In addition to the 8 planets and our sun, there were little images of Soyuz, Columbia, the ISS, the Eagle and Neil Armstrong and other important achievements.
When my son looked at this he started to ask questions. Simple ones at first such as "what's this" (whilst pointing to Sputnik - the first satellite in space), or "why is the astronaut bigger than the spaceship". At his own pace and in his own way he was figuring out so many different skills under the banner of being inspired about space. And all because he wanted to know.
Without a doubt, this observation influenced the work my company, Inkology, was doing at the time. We wanted to develop a range of useful, inspirational digital toys for children which would help fuel that active and curious stage. Jetpack Journeys builds upon this, encouraging the recognition of planet appearances and names in addition to helping hone motor skills and learn simple facts.
It's the first in a series of apps we hope will encourage young children (practically everything in space education is aimed at Junior+ level) to love space. It's important. Really important. As we often say: NASA isn't building space ships any more so we need the next generation to.
Inkology are kindly giving away five Jetpack Journeys app codes to my followers plus a printed copy of the magazine (which can be downloaded for free at www.jetpackjourneys.com/magazine). Good luck and enter through Rafflecopter!a Rafflecopter giveaway
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only.
- Five winners will be chosen via Rafflecopter and announced on this page.
- The winners will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends, if they do not respond within 7 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to Inkology Stories, but will not be passed onto any third parties.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winners from Inkology Stories.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home's Blog and can take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prizes is not ET Speaks From Home's responsibility.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type / value if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- Competition starts on 10/10/2013 12 am - 7/11/2013 12am
Disclosure: I am not paid to host this competition.
Win competitions at ThePrizeFinder.com
OfferOasis.co.uk - Competitions and Freebies in the UK